Sunday, July 27, 2008

Congratulations, Dave!

Warning: This post is very awesome and may give you goosebumps.


It's a rough time to be a Mariner fan, but something awesome happened today: Mariners play-by-play announcer Dave Niehaus got elected to the Hall of Fame. He is the first Mariner ever inducted into Cooperstown and will remain the only one until Edgar and Junior are inducted.

Below are some of Dave's most memorable calls, presented to you radio-style.

*The First Pitch in Mariner's History.

*Gaylord Perry's 300th Career Victory.

*Ken Griffey Jr(!)'s 56th Home Run in 1998.

*Edgar Martinez' Grand Slam in the Playoffs.

*The Greatest Sports Moment of My Life.


Thank you Dave, for raising me as a baseball fan to love and appreciate the game that you' so eloquently describe. You've earned this day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shhh...don't tell lindsay but I enjoy your sports blogs...hahah

D.I. Zzo said...

Yes! Awesome!

KJW said...

I called my dad yesterday, and he answered the phone like Dave Niehaus.