Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Peek Behind The Curtain (The Dizard of Oz)

*I posted this on Facebook after I got tagged by my friend Nicole in a similar note.*

Nicole Raden tagged me in one of those "Write Things About Yourself And Then Tag Other People" chain-Facebook-note-letters. I'm playing by the rules, which explicitly state that I must list 25 things about myself that other people might not know. As you all probably know, I HATE talking about myself, but for the sake of regulations, here goes:

1.) I intentionally alter the level of my hat-bill to the left because I think it looks cooler.

2.) It is important to me to try and be as knowledgeable as possible about everything I'll want to talk about.

3.) Because of Thing #2 above, I'll usually read between 6 and 15 articles a day on things that interest me.

4.) I kept a legion of stuffed animals until I was 11 and had King-of-the-Mountain battles with them on my knees late at night.

5.) I still pick my nose.

6.) I really wish I could grow shag-length hair without 4 months of horrible in-between phases.

7.) I also wish my hair was naturally curly enough to have cornrows.

8.) My obsession with sports runs far deeper than any of you realize.

9.) When I'm doing something, I'll often stage a contest between my right and left hands to see which can do it better.

10.) I always cheer for the left hand because it's the underdog.

11.) If I capitalize one letter or word in a piece of writing, I feel obliged to remain consistent and capitalize everything that supposed to be capitalized. If not, I really enjoy the freedom of non-shift-key typing.

12.) I only type with my index fingers.

13.) When I space out, I imagine myself scoring touchdowns in games of pickup football.

14.) There are a small handful of songs that I've listened to more than 10 times in a row. Among them: "One More Time" by Daft Punk, "Pass Me Over" by Anthony Hamilton, "Sideways" by Citizen Cope, "Slow Dancing In A Burning Room" by John Mayer, and "Worlds Apart" by Jars of Clay.

15.) I love my signature.

16.) I think expressions like "awkward" and "I miss your face" are annoying, as is excessive squealing when people see someone that they've seen sometime in the previous 6 months.

17.) Sometimes, when I listen to girls having a conversation, I imagine a group of guys saying the exact same things.

18.) I think political correctness is far more of a good thing than it is a bad thing.

19.) I drink 3 full cups of black coffee almost everyday. And a small glass of whiskey.

20.) I value independence in people very highly.

21.) One of the main reasons I read the entire Bible was so I could say that I had. I learned a lot of awesome stuff along the way.

22.) I really like wearing things on my wrists and ankles.

23.) I believe that the closer people are to nakedness, regardless of their sex, body type, or upbringing, the better off they are. Nudey is beauty.

24.) When I die, I hope the world remembers me.

25.) I love the friendships I have that can go weeks without communication and pick up without having skipped a beat or either person feeling jilted.

3 comments:

Nicole Kristine said...

I knew a lot of these things, because I am awesome. For instance, I knew #s 6, 7, 12, 15, 1, 2, 5, 22, 21 and others but I got bored looking again.

Also, I imagined your hands like fighting each other when you wee talking about the hand thing. I don't think that's what you meant, but it was a hilarious picture.

Lynn said...

I totally do the hand competition. One summer I got to the point where I could slice an entire water melon with my left hand in 3.5 minutes.

Justin said...

Jacson, I think we know what people are really saying when they put these kind of lists up on facebook.

http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2008/09/narcissists-easy-to-spot-on-facebookif-you-know-how.ars

Consider this my way of saying, "I know what you are doing, and I'm on to you."