Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Magic of Baseball

The high school team that I coach played it's very first game of the season yesterday. We lost 7-6 in a hard-fought game that featured lots of excitement and more than its share of first-game jitters. I was proud of my players, performing so well against a more-talented team but the feeling that stands out is the thrill that comes from being involved in baseball.

Then this morning, I came across this article. I love this game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=fritz/080312&sportCat=mlb

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's a cute story. Someday I want to go to Fenway park and see the Green Monster.

Lindsay said...

I just googled "Green Monster" to make sure it is at Fenway Park. It is. I'm right.

D.I. Zzo said...

Don't go without me.

Nicole Kristine said...

Dear Jacson B,

I was reading your blog today and then I fell out of my chair, asleep, because I was so bored. I had no idea you were such a boring person. What is up with your blog entries?

Please make your next blog entry interesting. It's important for my safety.

Sincerely,
A Concerned Citizen